Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Columbus Day!

Ah, a day off...  Can't say I did anything profoundly wonderful with it, but it was nice to have :-)

I've been posting patterns on Ravelry -- it's so much fun to see which ones people "heart"!  I'm resizing the little girl's sweater dress to fit 5 to 7 year olds, so that's been keeping me busy, but I'm already trying to figure out what my next design will be.  The survey vote ended up not having a conclusive category winner, so I guess it gives me leeway to go wherever my creative juices take me.  I'm thinking I should come up with a project that men might like, either to receive or to make for themselves.  It'll be a fun challenge.

I've also been thinking a lot about Twitter.  I got a Twitter handbook that's supposed to outline how to best use it for business purposes, but I'm still not convinced it's something that will be productive.  Though I am intrigued by the requirement to express one's thoughts, etc., in 140 words.  It's so much harder to be succinct and to the point than to ramble on (as I'm sure I've demonstrated many times here before!)

Ok, time to go pay some bills and squeeze a little more out of my three-day weekend!

Today's Thought:  Freshbooks is a great service if you need an easy and organized way of invoicing clients.  It's easy and free to set up an account for up to 3 clients and can easily be upgraded for more services.  The accessibility of personal service is impressive as well.  Check them out here at http://www.freshbooks.com/

No comments: