Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2009

30 Hours a Day

That's how many I think I need in order to actually do everything I need and want to do!  But, if there were 30 hours in each day, could we still get away with sleeping only during 8 of them?!  Well, why bother even contemplating because, unless the earth goes spinning off its axis, my dream of more time per day is not happening.

I need the time because I have so many project ideas going through my head and want to work on them all but the mundane things in life keep infringing on my creativity ;-)  I guess my beef with time is no different than everyone else's, but I just had to get it off my chest. 

So, I am making the best use of my time by concentrating on my Ravelry account and trying to post more and more crochet tips on http://www.crochet.lifetips.com/.  I've added a new section on Books and Magazines, hoping to be able to share my views on the various resources out there.  I did notice today that the Crafts section in the Barnes & Noble in downtown DC seems to have expanded, and there was a better-than-usual selection and variety of crochet books.  I had to stop myself from picking up any new ones, considering I have a shelf-full at home that I still need to access.

Anyway, just a quick post to rant and give you a preview of what I'm working on.  More to come as always, stick with me :-)

Today's Thought:  Speaking of time, using an egg timer periodically to time how long it takes you to do certain tasks is a great way to prepare yourself for those times where you're bemoaning the fact that you've got 10 minutes "to kill" and don't think you can get anything done in that time.  It's amazing how much can be accomplished in 10 minutes -- time yourself and see!

No comments: