Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Purl Soho in NYC

I just got back from a quick trip to New York City and was fortunate to see my friend Charlene who lives there.  We hopped the W train to Canal Street and visited Purl Soho, which is on Broome.




This yarn store in known as being one of the 10 best yarn stores in the country, and it's obvious why as soon as you walk in the door.  Not only do they have beautiful yarns, but Liberty of London fabric and all sorts of notions and accessories.






I of course couldn't help myself and bought some of the fabric (yes, that's $19.00 for a 1/2 yard!), a Purl Soho drawstring bag, and a weird little gizmo that came in a pouch with the cutest pompom on it (that will be figured out and revealed in its own post).  Surprisingly, I managed to not grab any yarn, but I figured it would be easier to call them or order yarn online in the future than it would these items.


Haven't decided yet what to do with the fabric -- maybe a little scarf for myself in anticipation of spring!  Any suggestions?

No comments: