Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Crochet News

What can I say, it's Wednesday, and I'm up because the hubby had to go to work early today.  So, here I am :-)

Thought I would take this opportunity to tell you about a new (knit and) crochet magazine that I found in Barnes and Noble a few months ago.  It's called "Knit & Crochet Style" and it's printed in Germany but written in English.  There seem to be 2 issues so far, but it's not clear to me if it's a monthly publication.  The first issue has both knit and crocheted sweaters and tops for women, and the second issue has baby items.  I haven't made anything yet, but I get the feeling it is written with English (v. American) crochet terms.  But, there are a lot of photographs and schematics, so I'm hoping I can figure it out.  I'll report back.

I'm still refining the crochet tips book on Lifetips -- I'm awaiting their software upgrade so that I can get that project put to bed!  The delay has been frustrating, but in a way, it's motivated me to keep cleaning up and organizing the site and to start work already on the sequel!

I will leave with a teaser -- for those of you living in or near Washington DC, it looks more and more certain that there will be a yarn store in Dupont Circle in the fall!!  Whoooo, hoooo.  I will know more in the next few weeks and will blab then :-)

No comments: