Search This Blog

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Slow

I might just have to move to Norway!  There's a movement there called "Slow TV", with a very basic premise:  viewers watch people engaged in an ordinary activity or traveling in real time.  No plot, not much talking, just the activity or vistas for hours.  Now, you probably know where I'm going with this -- the scenes are travels through the fjords or train trips; the activity is knitting!  Yup, Norwegians are sitting around watching people knit (I suspect they are doing some of their own while viewing ;-) And it's quite a hit there, though I doubt it will gain much traction here in the U.S.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find a clip of the actual show, but here's a YouTube video about the phenomenon:



I, on the other hand, have been watching "Fast TV" -- Breaking Bad.  I never had seen an episode during its six-year run but finally decided to renew my subscription to Netflix and give the pilot episode a try since so many friends of mine have recommended it.  Well, I am hooked!  I've made it so far to a little past the middle of Season 4 and have still avoided finding out how it all comes to a close (or does it since I have heard talk of spin-offs?!).  Don't tell me!  I am so enjoying watching it unfold, though I've discovered I can't watch more than three episodes back to back, just too much to handle.  Not sure I've ever been a binge TV watcher before but this show really could change that for me!

No comments: