Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Blogging Blues

Dah, I still can't get the blog posts to automatically feed to my Facebook fan page!  Well, nothing like a challenge to drive you crazy...

I'm happy to report that it drove me to work on mom's vest :-)  The right side is almost done, and as soon as that is fixed just right, I know the back and left side will fall into place so to speak.  Of course, I'm going end up finishing this vest just in time for spring, but I think she wanted it for wearing around the house anyway, so with air conditioning kicking in soon, I hope it will still be useful for her.

I've got some new tips up on the http://www.crochet.lifetips.com/ site as well -- some new advanced stitches to check out!  I think I'm getting close to being able to put together a book of tips.  I really want to make it different than some of the other tip books coming out these days (I have to say, Lily Chin's new book and "The Crochet Answer Book" are excellent), so any suggestions would be most welcome.

Ok, I gotta go get ready for the day ahead -- please visit and fan my "new" Many Creative Gifts fan page, and more new news will be coming from me soon.

Today's Thought:  Food Rule # 43 -- Have a glass of wine with dinner.  Mr. Pollan immediately says that it is not a magic bullet but that there is a growing body of evidence that moderate amounts of alcohol, especially red wine, have health benefits and is partially the explanation for why the French and Mediterranean diets are so considered so good for you.  Its positive effects on heart health especially are touted.  He recommends no more than 2 drinks per day for a man, 1 for a woman.  We certainly have had fun implementing this rule!  We don't do it every night because, often, we've got more things to do before bedtime, but especially those nights where we are trying to implement the Rules, a little vino with dinner does the trick!

No comments: