Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Bunny Wear

So, today I learned that Angora yarn comes from the fine, downy hair of the Angora rabbit, and apparently, there are several types of Angora rabbits. They usually shed about three to four times a year, and the fiber literally could be spun right off the rabbit because the fur needs no washing or carding. Unfortunately, Angora remains expensive because, even though rabbits are plentiful, they are small and don’t yield much fiber. But, it is just so soft! I've really been enjoying learning about all these different fibers and passing along the information. I'm hoping I'll get to work with all these different types so that I can figure out what works best with different kinds of projects. I'll keep you posted!

Today's Thought: There's a crochet book, Get Hooked by Kim Werker, that's really intended for teens learning to crochet, but the author does an amazing job of pulling together so much interesting and useful information about crochet, the tools and yarns, etc., that it's worth checking out no matter your age or skill level!

No comments: