Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Facebook Fan Page!

Hoorah!  I managed to get a Many Creative Gifts business fan page up and running.  Unfortunately, it was not due to the $89 webinar that I signed up for, but that was my fault, I should have signed up for the advanced class, go figure!  But, really, not to take away $$ from such webinars, etc., but there are so many free resources on the web -- if you are willing to search around (I typed in "facebook business page") and take the extra time to read through different sites and advice and piece it together, you can do it free.  In a way, I don't regret spending the $89 itself though because that's what made me actually sit down and stick with the fan page until I got it almost the way I want it; I just wish the $$ had gone to the person who actually helped me the most.  Please check out her fabulous site http://www.eleen.com/  She's a crafter, a small business owner, and a helpful techie!

Hee, hee, I guess now I will find out if the link between this blog and the fan page works!  I was told by tech support that, after setting up the link, all future blog posts will automatically go to FB; if I want old posts on there, I need to do it manually.  Cross your fingers!

And, please do become a fan of Many Creative Gifts!!  Just click on the widget that you'll find on the left panel.  Thanks!!

Today's Thought:  Food Rule # 57 -- Don't get your fuel from the same place your car does.  This rule is pretty self-explanatory, but Mr. Pollan does point out that, except for milk and water, everything else in gas station "grocery" stores are highly processed snack foods and over-large soft drinks.  And, frankly, that's where they make there money, not by selling gas!  We avoid this temptation by sticking to our local gas station that just repairs cars and offers car washes, no snacks.

No comments: