Search This Blog

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Dah, it's already September!

Seriously, how did it already turn into September?! This summer was such a bust in many ways -- the weather was not conducive to a lot of pool time, and it was just plum busy at work too.

Oh, well, that's the way it is. Fall can be such a great time of year, so I comfort myself in holding on to that thought. It does put one into the crocheting frame of mind also, so that's a good thing :-)

So, I saw "Julie and Julia" recently, and it really got me thinking on how I could jazz up this blog and become more dedicated to it. But, there are only so many hours in each day, and with trying to create and write up some new patterns (they look great thanks to my graphic artist Elise Anderson, who came up with a great template for me!), coming up with more tips for the Lifetips website, and just general living, keeping up with the blog has been rough. But, as I said, the Fall has a way of getting one into a serious state of mind, and it often is my most productive time of year.

Oh, so back to the movie and how to implement a Julie-like challenge (for those of you who have not yet seen the movie, and it's worth seeing, Julie Powell decides that she is going to make all of the 500+ recipes from one of Julia Child's cookbooks over the course of 1 year and blog about it). I thought about picking out a crochet book and trying to make each of the patterns over the course of a month, but it's so hard sometimes to predict how long a pattern will take to make. I really don't want to set myself up for failure, so if anyone's got ideas about realistic challenges I can undertake, please leave me a comment!

In the mean time, I have been challenging myself to add at least 2 tips a day as Crochet Guru to the Lifetips website, so keep checking back there -- I hope to have some really out-of-the box helpful info there over the next few weeks!

And, keep checking back here as well -- I might just have a blogging challenge to undertake too!

Today's Thought: Mmmmm, if you want a yummy and healthy treat, then check out Treet. It's a wonderful online bakery of delicious cookies, cupcakes, and more! Find them at www.treetshop.com

No comments: