Search This Blog

Friday, January 5, 2018

Happy 2018!

A new year, a new start.  It's been quite a while since I've written a blog post.  My apologies, but something had to give, and, unfortunately, it was the blog.  I really needed a break from self-imposed deadlines and expectations.  I needed to be free from things hanging over my head, even things that I enjoy.

There's a lesson here I'm sure.  I'm still working it out, but I'm going with "don't pressure yourself to the point that you begin to dread things that you used to love."

So, I haven't been setting project deadlines.  Heck, I haven't even been dictating what the next projects should be!  I've let myself take whatever time it's taken to experiment with a project or even just stitch and color combinations to see what project they steer me towards.  I hope you follow me on Facebook or Instagram because I have been better about posting photos (but, even there, I haven't stressed about perfect pictures and posting schedules).

I have given myself permission to sit on the couch after work and do nothing, to make a mess (and not clean it up!) at my home work station, and to not make plans.

But, all good things must come to an end!  I think I'm getting my groove back, and maybe it's time for me to give myself permission to get back on the gerbil wheel!  This time, though, I'm not going to (try to) go from zero to 60; I'm going to try to be more freewheeling, but a bit more organized about it (if that makes any sense).  Well, dear crocheters and readers of this blog, I hope we get to explore this adventure together and see exactly what 2018 has in store for us!

No comments: