Search This Blog

Friday, July 5, 2013

Meet "Petunia" My New Adopted Sheep

For those of you who have been following my adopt-a-sheep adventures for a while know that my first sheep "Princess Maple Leaf" met an unfortunate end not to long ago (see post here for more details and our website page) and that Caroline Owens of the Owens Farm assigned a new sheep to me.  Coopworth # 217 is quite lovely, isn't she?


Thank you to those of you who all made fine name suggestions, but out on my balcony yesterday, it hit me -- Petunia!  I have some beautiful white petunias growing right now in planters, and they are doing well, even with the heat we've been having lately.  Even though the petunia is a delicate looking flower, it really is quite hardy, grows well, and withstands the elements like a trooper.  Hopefully Petunia will do the same!

No comments: