Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Eggplant

I harvested the first eggplant yesterday!  






In fact, I think I might have waited a little too long because it was a little squishy, but I cut it up into chunks and put the chunks to soak in some cold water and salt for about 1/2 hour to an hour, and they were fine.  Then, I harvested a few cherry tomatoes and a Serrano pepper and chopped those up too.  A little olive oil and garlic in a sautee pan, some seasoning, then the pepper and tomato.  Once they cooked for a few minutes, I added the eggplant and continued to stir every few minutes (I kept it on medium to low heat).  Once the eggplant looked like it had softened and cooked through lightly, I poured in some Rao's Tomato and Basil sauce and just kept cooking the mixture til it had bubbled and cooked for about 10 minutes.  And voila!




I prepared some Fucilli, added the sauce, and we had a pretty good meal!

No comments: