Search This Blog

Friday, June 28, 2013

The "Farm"

Those of you who follow me on Facebook know that I have a "farm", aka a few pots out on my balcony ;-).  I spent a lot of time and even more $$ to get things set up this year, but I am so happy that I did. I've got tomatoes, eggplant, Serrano peppers, chocolate beauty peppers, and an Asian melon plant!  So far I see tomatoes, serranos, and eggplant emerging. I love going out on the balcony each morning and afternoon, fussing over and watering the plants. Then, in the morning, I sit for a bit with my mug of chai; in the evening, I sometimes take a glass of wine out with me. Aaaaaah.



I use those Aqua Globes AG011706 Glass Plant Watering Bulbs, 2-Pack also. They really do work, though supplemental watering is still necessary I think, especially on hot days. And they look pretty :-)

And I saw a lady bug on a leaf the other day, that's got to be a good sign too, right?





It's funny though, I don't crochet out on the balcony. I think it's because I don't want to expose my project to the elements, and I can just see me knocking on my neighbor's door, 5 floors down, "excuse me, might I retrieve my ball of yarn from your patio?!"  Nope, I use the farm as my escape to unplug, unwind, and look around and see what's going on around me. Aaaaaaaah.


No comments: