Search This Blog

Friday, June 7, 2013

Editorial Calendar

One of the things I struggle with is posting on a regular basis. It's not that I don't have lots of things to share with you, but for some reason, when I sit down at the computer to compose a post, all the ideas go flying out of my head. But, the other day when I was reading Smartbrief for Social Media, I came across an article about "editorial calendars" and a step-by-step approach to creating one.  [update:  here's the link to Sprout Content and the free ebook download]

Basically it's a way of planning out the content and timing of posts ahead of time. The process wants you to first think about your target audience and what they would want to read. Then, figure out two to five specific categories of information on which to concentrate. And to finish, get it scheduled on a spreadsheet, with dates, post titles, and social media links. But, of course, the most important step is going to be sticking to it!

I am committing to go through with this process and share it with you because YOU are my target audience :-). Let's see if I can describe some of you properly, but that will be the next post.


No comments: