Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Yarn Does Not Spoil and More Grannies

For those of you with stashes as large as mine, you're probably glad to hear that ;-)  But, all kidding aside, I got to thinking about the choices we make in pursuing our dreams.  And, how some have it much harder than others.  I was thinking about an acquaintance who just started her own baked goods company.  She still has a full-time job, but she apparently gets up early and bakes, then goes to her job, then bakes some more when she gets home.  And, she just bought an industrial-size mixer/blender, which cost thousands of dollars!  Whew.  A friend said to me, "but Phyllis, you're doing the same thing."  I said no way -- sure, I sneak in as much crochet here and there as I can, but it's not like I have to do it by a timer, in just one room, and can't take it with me.  Plus, I don't have to worry about my ingredients going bad.

For those of you thinking about starting your own business on the side, keep this in mind!  I'll be continuing my series of small business tips in the coming weeks, but this seemed like an insight I had to share right away ;-)

And, I wanted to share a new eBook offering by AllFreeCrochet: Never Ending Granny Afghans: 8 Crochet Patterns with Diagrams & Video Tutorials.  And, it's free!


The granny square patterns provided in the eBook come with easily understood instructions, and each granny square afghan comes with a diagram and video to really help out.  I know, there are a lot of free granny square patterns out there, but here's a really nice collection all put together for you.  It's worth a look if you're in the mood for some afghan crocheting!

 

No comments: