Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Mad Scientists

I'm in the D.C. Metro system all the time, but yesterday, this ad caught my eye:  "If mad scientists can endanger the world, then nice scientists can save it."  What a nice sentiment.  And, I think it holds true for so many different areas.  Now, I can't think of any mad crocheters or knitters, but we sure have a lot of nice ones who do a lot of good in the world, and this ad got me thinking again about some new charitable projects I want to work on this year. 

Since the Homespun Yarn Party is coming up again on March 24th, I thought one of the projects I could work on would be for HomeStretch (http://www.homestretch-inc.org/) a 501(c)(3) that serves homeless families in Falls Church, VA. They will be collecting hats for adults and children. You can drop off your hats at the Knitters and Crocheters charity table.  If you prefer, they will also accept other cold weather wearables, such as mittens, gloves, socks and sweaters.  And, if you get a chance to de-stash, they'll gladly accept yarn too!

Homespun Yarn Party - Savage, MD - March 24, 2013

No comments: