Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Now That's Color!

Here's a great example of beautiful color use!



I especially love the story behind this granny square ripple blanket. My friend Lori was testing this crochet pattern for the designer, and Lori wanted to use scrap yarns to stay true to the granny feature of the ripple.  Lots of folks, including the designer, were giving her a hard time about using red, and pink, and green, and orange... and being quite critical.  But she did NOT listen and created this beauty!  Turns out the designer did use this picture for her pattern and got lots of favorable feedback and sales.  Guess she wasn't complaining about the colors anymore ;-)

Great lesson for all of us here -- there are times when you need to just go with your gut.  Even in the face of naysayers and critics.  "No pain, no gain; no guts, no glory!"  Sure, you risk crashing and burning, and, if that happens, you acknowledge it, dust yourself off, and get back up.  But, more likely than not, you're going to come up with something new and innovative.  It's your chance to shine, so go out there and take some chances!

6 comments:

Faith said...

This is such a stunner...wow...I'm inspired to find this pattern and begin. I love the colors you chose. I've posted on my blog about this ghan, and linked back here to your place. Thank you

Deb aka Big Momma said...

Do you know who the designer is? I would love to purchase this pattern. My mother made one very similar when I was young.

starroscoecoco said...

also love this pattern and would love to know the designer to purchase the pattern. I Love all the colors you used!

Unknown said...

Please let us know where we can purchase this pattern?

Unknown said...

Where can we find this pattern?? It's stunning and a unique take on the granny "square". I'd love to have this in my pattern collection!

Unknown said...

Beatiful work id love to have the pattern