Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Running a Part Time Crafts Business



So, as I last left off, I was describing the amazing event that the Summit of Awesome was and how I hoped to use that experience to keep learning and growing as a crafts business.  Oh, did I mention that I met with a literary agent who. albeit very nicely, kinda shot down all of my book ideas.  But, you know, it was good because I could have continued working on those ideas, using up valuable time and not really getting anywhere (though I still think I'm on to something and will probably start sharing my ideas with you soon through posts to see what kind of reaction I get).  Actually, what she said was very interesting – to get picked up by a literary agent who'd be willing to work with a good book idea, you need to be sharing those ideas and having about 10,000 unique visitors to your blog a week, reacting to those ideas positively!

Now, dear readers, this is where you come in – I really do need you to help me know what you're thinking and feeling about my posts, both good and bad.  Do you like a topic?  Can't stand it and don't want to hear another word about it?  Or, hopefully, can't get enough of it and want to hear more?  Then, please, please, PLEASE, let me know.  Either below through comments, or on my Facebook page, or however you'd like to communicate with me.  I mean, seriously, I will continue to share with you the things that I have found interesting because you can't ask me to provide information about stuff if you don't already know about it, but still, if there is something you want, let me know.  I don't need to hear myself talk, I want to give you the kind of content that is of interest to you, but I can't read your mind :-)  So, as Captain Kirk would say, engage!

No comments: