Search This Blog

Sunday, September 2, 2012

I'm Back!

I can't believe the summer is almost over and that I took such a long break from blogging!  It really hadn't been my intention to be away from it for a whole month, but time slips by so quickly.  I have been working on a new project for the new and much improved Inside Crochet magazine as well as a couple of new things for my own shop. 

I've also given two crochet demonstrations at the Sit n Stitch at the Renwick Gallery!  If you find yourself in DC and want to visit a more intimate, more specifically-curated museum, then the Renwick is definitely for you.  The museum is located across from the White House and focuses on American arts, especially craft work, and currently has this great exhibit called "40 Under 40: Craft Futures".

Renwick Gallery
 I especially love checking out this website that shows a Flickr set of photos of how the exhibit was installed.  I unfortunately missed the demonstration of the glass spinning wheel, but just seeing it was pretty amazing.  It really does look like a work of art even at rest, but here's a picture of it at work.



Also, I continue to work at getting my new website up and running.  As I should have predicted, any time there's an update or "fix" in a computer program, seems like more things go wrong!  But, I've almost got a handle on it, and I'm really hoping you'll like some of the new features I'm trying to build in.

So, how did you spend your summer?!

No comments: