Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Last Day of the Crawl

Well, mom and I hit up the last two shops on our list on Friday.  We first headed to the Mount Vernon area to see In Stitches Needlework.  This is a great shop for needlepoint, but frankly, their yarn selection is limited (though they were having a great sale on Sublime yarns). 


 But, it was a beautiful day for a road trip, and we then came back up US 1 to get to Fibre Space in Old Town Alexandria.  They now have a classroom upstairs, so the former classroom on the main level is filled with even more yarns!  Since I already had gone overboard in yarn purchases, I picked up a great little project bag for only $10 in support of Project Knit Well.



Hard to believe the Metro Yarn Crawl is over!  I ended up with 9 out of 10 stamps on my card (the only shop we did not make it to was The Knitting Boutique in Glen Burnie, MD, but hopefully I'll get up there before next year's crawl :-)

In the upcoming weeks, I'll be posting pix of my purchases and projects related to the Yarn Crawl, so stay tuned!

No comments: