Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 2 of Metro Yarn Crawl

Whew, we hit up 4 stores today!  Started by heading east to get to The Tangled Skein in Hyattsville, MD.  It's a great big shop with a large selection of yarns and notions.  Friendly staff as well, and I got a lovely lace-weight silver yarn to weave in with my grey mercerized cotton yarn for an idea I have for that next great project of mine ;-)


Then, it was on to The Yarn Spot in Wheaton, MD.  I didn't get a chance to meet Jennifer, with whom I'm been corresponding about the fleece, but I did get to meet Victoria, who could not have been nicer and gave me some great tips for the next step of carding/combing the fleece.  Can't wait to go back for a spinning lesson :-)  Got some Schaeffer Yarn while I was there -- great deal!

Onward to Rockville, MD, to visit Woolwinders.  This is my mom's favorite shop -- it's a bit smaller but has a beautiful feel to it, still a great selection, and is in such a quaint area.  Even though my wallet was getting quite empty by this point, I broke down and got some Berroco Weekender Chunky to make a bolero for the spring/summer.

Finally, we stopped by Knit + Stitch = Bliss in Bethesda, MD.  I can't believe that I bought sock yarn that calls for a size 2 needle!  It's just so beautiful though, how could I say no to something named Strawberry Latte?!

We've got one more day of shops to visit (it's back to Virginia!), so there will be a third installment.  Then, I hope to be posting pix of the yarns I picked up and the projects they will turn into!!

No comments: