Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Renwick Handi-Hour

My, my, what busy times we are living in!  But sometimes you just have to put it all aside and have some fun!  I got my chance last Thursday night at the Renwick Gallery.  Such a beautiful and interesting museum, across from the White House, that is part of the Smithsonian Institute.  Well, they have been having these happy hours where they offer crafting materials, live music, and, hee, hee, craft beers!  All in one of the huge exhibit rooms upstairs.  I saw people making the loveliest tile coasters, felt flowers and cup cozies.  Janie from Looped Yarn Works and I were there to demonstrate knitting and crocheting.


Aren't we cute?!  We had such a great time!  I really want to send out a special shout-out to April who stopped by to show us these beautiful pop-top bags that she's been making.


So, if you are in the DC area on Valentine's Day, sign up for the next Handi-Hour!

No comments: