Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tunisian Crochet Challenges

You know, after coming up with the Tunisian instructions and scarf pattern, I really haven't been working with the Tunisian crochet technique lately.  But I'm getting inspired by Dorcas, a crocheter from Scotland whose jumper/sweater pictures I posted not too long ago.  I got the chance to follow up with her recently to get to know her better and find out more about her frustrations with the lack of Tunisian crochet patterns:

Dorcas, tell me a little about yourself

I'm married with no children at home and one grandson in Florida.  I live in Livingston, Scotland, which is half-way between Edinburgh (my home town) and Glasgow.

When did you start to crochet and experiment with Tunisian crochet?

I became interested in crochet when I heard about "Tunisian Crochet" about 20 years ago! However, trying to find suitable patterns was a "no go" - until, now, and having broadband at home. I managed to find a VHS Video on Tunisian Crochet (still have it - but not the video machine!) however, never managed to stay awake through the whole video. After trying local shops for tunisian crochet patterns, I actually gave up! Till now. I was re-inspired when I came across Phyllis of Many Creative Gifts and re-started when given Left-handed instructions.

What technique or idea do you want to try next?

Being in Scotland is probably the reason why I cannot find any patterns of interest to myself. Its strange really, as two main shops where I occasionally buy my yarn, sell Tunisian Crochet Hooks - but, NO patterns! Although I have made a Tunisian Jumper - home wear only - and in Tunisian simple stitch; I would like to make a traditional raglan sleeve, high neck, jumper - but have not yet found a pattern. The next techniques I would like to try are the honeycomb stitch and the x-stitch.

3 comments:

Cp Bags said...

Your blog is pretty good and impressed me a lot. This article along with the images is quite in-depth and gives a good overview of the topic.
Printed bags

Cp Bags said...

Hi, I found your post really helpful. Thanks for posting such informative content. Keep posting.
Photograph mugs

Cp Bags said...

This collections are works of art in digital perspective. Thumbs up.
Thank you very much. I’m going to put this too good use.
promotional products