Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Go Nuts!!

Even though lots of health experts have been saying for a while now that it's good to eat a handful of walnuts, almonds, or other nuts each day, a Harvard study has found that nuts (and yogurt) actually help take and keep weight off!  One of my favorite mid-morning or afternoon snacks (or even as dessert sometimes) is a cup of yogurt with blueberries and walnuts or with strawberries and almonds, maybe with a little drizzle of honey.  There were expressions of surprise that yogurt helps with weight loss, but I would think that anything that helps the stomach work better, especially with all those active cultures, would be great for health and weight maintenance.

I've been going nuts in other ways too -- I've decided to KNIT a sweater!!  I've always had a block about knitting -- even though I know how to knit and purl, I have never really been able to get a project started because I hate to cast on.  Recently, though, I learned the knitted cast on, and I think it's going to change my life.  Plus, I saw the cutest sweater in Looped the other day, and I really want it!  Now, I think this little project is going to have to wait til July since I've got a few other projects to finish up, but I will keep posting...

1 comment:

rock said...

marketing products

Unfortunately, almost all nuts sold in stores have been grilled, broiled, or pasteurized to kill these nuts and tears of the processes of their nutritional value. To make matters worse most of them are added preservatives, salt and some sugar, even. To get the maximum nutritional benefits of nuts you need to eat raw - raw nuts are alive!