Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Creativity

I love seeing projects that crocheters just come up with by themselves, and I especially love it if I was able to help in some way!  One of the areas of crochet I've been exploring recently is Tunisian, and I've taught a few classes on it.  I came up with a scarf pattern that was designed to help students learn three basic Tunisian stitches (Tunisian knit stitch, Tunisian purl stitch, and Tunisian simple stitch) and posted it on Ravelry (I tried to include lots of pictures and written descriptions of all three stitches so that it wouldn't be too hard to give it a try without an instructor).

The other day, I had an email waiting for me -- one of my pattern purchasers was writing to show me the house jumper that she made with Tunisian crochet to use up her stash!  It's amazing how she created this beautiful project from scratch, and I'm so happy she shared her pictures with me and gave me permission to show off her talent and creativity to you all :-)


No comments: