Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Massaging Insoles and a Starfish

So, I went to the Washington Home and Garden Show last Friday for my annual ritual of looking at the beautifully designed garden scenes and shopping.  I have to say, I think the industry has been very hard hit in this economy -- this has to have been the smallest show to date :-(  Many vendors whom I had seen in years past did not return, and there were probably only 4 or 5 displays (down from at least 10 in years past).  But, of course, I still managed to have my wedding rings cleaned (with a jewelry paste that I ended up purchasing), to treat my feet to some massaging insoles (had planned to just get one pair for my husband, but of course the discount came when 2 or more pairs were purchased), and to get a starfish ring (quite lovely, isn't it?!)


Ugh, looking at my fingers in this picture, I probably should have bought the Moisturizing Aloe Lotion too, ha!

I should be saving my pennies for the upcoming Metro Area Yarn Crawl in DC/Maryland/Virginia from April 9th through 16th!  I've got to plan out how I'm going to hit up 7 out of the 10 participating stores and take advantage of my 20% discounts :-)  I'm probably going to be teaching a special class at Looped during that time also  The challenge -- Filmfest DC is going on at the same time, and I'm always running from movie to movie during those evenings too.  Such a shame that I haven't learned how to crochet in the dark -- mmmmmm.......

No comments: