Search This Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

So the turkey is cooked, the sweet potatoes have been baked and marshmellowed, and the veggies are steaming!  This year, we decided to make all the fixings ourselves (with lots of help from Whole Foods), and it's been a good day so far --  cooking, laundry (hey, had to squeeze that in somewhere), and football right after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade (which balloon character is your favorite?!  I love the Smurfs :-)

Ah, and how to face Black Friday?!  By going to work and trying to avoid all the craziness.  I do need a new lamp for the living room though, so I might just let my fingers do the shopping this year (free shipping and delivery seem to be the draw this year).

The pouch bag that I've crocheted as a sample of the Cascade Portland Tweed yarn is done and just needs some finishing touches.  I found some silvery grommets (eyelets) to give it a hopefully professional finish.  I'll post pictures soon.  Now, back to the mittens...

No comments: