Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Go Coconuts!

I promise I will explain in the next paragraph what this has to do with either crochet or marketing!  But, in the mean time, if you are looking for a tasty and different breakfast bread, then try this fabulous recipe on the Whole Foods website for coconut bread rolls:  http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2253  I was able to find only sweetened shredded coconut in the grocery store (didn't actually make it to a Whole Foods), so I used that and didn't add any sugar (just a little drizzle of agave syrup).  The rolls really came out great, I'm looking forward to making them again, but it is about a 3 hour process from start to finish.

And, there's where the crochet comes in :-)  I was able to get the top half of my Rippled Beret done (I'm making a sample version to display at Looped Yarn Works!) during the waiting times in between the different steps for the bread (first, you let the yeast mixture sit for 15 minutes, then the bread dough sits for 1 1/2 hour, then you make the rolls and let them sit for another 45 minutes, then bake for 20 to 25 minutes).  I love how I was able to multitask and have such a delicious (and still relatively healthy) breakfast after my hard work!

No comments: