Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Bow

So, I promised FaveCrafts that I would come up with a crocheted ornament for Christmas, and I'm finally sitting down to craft something special for the holidays.  I got to thinking about how 1) I'd like to make something that everyone can make for any holiday they are celebrating, and 2) I'd like to make something that can still be used to decorate a tree.  So, I came up with a crocheted bow!

Ch 6, sl st to join into a ring

Round 1:  Ch 1, 2 scs into the ring, ch 8, 7 scs into the ring (be sure to push the ch-8 loop together as you sc into the ring), ch 8, 1 sc into the ring, sl st to top of first sc.



Round 2:  Sl st to next sc, [1 sc, 1 hdc, 9 dcs, 1 hdc, 1 sc] into ch-8 loop, sl st to next sc, ch 11, 3 dcs into 3rd ch from the hook, 1 dc in each of next 2 chs, 1 hdc in each of next 3 chs, 1 sc in each of next 3 chs, skip next sc, sl st into next sc to join, sl st into next sc, ch 13, 3 dcs in 3rd ch from the hook, 1 dc in each of next 3 chs, 1 hdc in each of next 4 chs, 1 sc in each of next 3 chs, skip next sc, sl st to next sc, [1 sc, 1 hdc, 9 dcs, 1 hdc, 1 sc] into ch-8 loop, sl st to sc, pull loop through to back of next st, fasten off.


I hope you will experiment with this pattern and come up with your own modifications (maybe another sc row around in another color?  maybe the first round in a different color than the second round?) and tell me about it!  Happy Holidays :-)

No comments: