Search This Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

SnapIt

So, I get this email out of the blue, asking if I would try a screen capture software and blog about it.  At first, I thought it was spam, but I did some research on the company (Digeus) and the software and discovered that it is legit.  I'm always looking for ways to make it easier for me to post pictures to the blog because I know it's so much more interesting to have pix to look at rather than just a bunch of dry text.  So, I kinda threw caution to the wind, downloaded the software, and gave it a try.

I think I like it!  A little camera icon shows up in the bottom right corner of your computer screen, then when you see something on a website that you want to capture, you just push the "PrtScrn" button on your keyboard, which then lets you crop what you want and save it.  There's a way to set up auto-save too, and you can also save in different formats, like jpeg, gif, etc.  I think it's going to really help me with the blog and also the website.  Like anything new, it's going to take a little extra effort to set up and get used to using it, but then it really should save some time.  You can read more details about it here:  http://digeus.com/products/snapit/screen-capture.html.  There's a free trial period, and then it's only $17.99 to purchase a full-service copy.

Ok, so on to the other items on my to-do list.  I've got a great idea for a crochet tutorial that I have been wanting to try and post, and now I'm really motivated because I'm going to engage in a "blogswap"!  More on that in the next week or two...

No comments: