Search This Blog

Monday, May 17, 2010

Juzu

It's funny how things ebb and flow in life (yes, prepare yourselves, Phyllis is going philosophical on you today!).  About 4 years ago, I was meditating more regularly and exploring Eastern religions and philosophies.  My friend Jean is a practicing Buddhist and was sharing with me her specific practice.  She follows the teachings of Nichiren Daishonin, and I wanted to give her something of meaning to enhance her practice, so I made her a set of "juzu" or prayer/meditation beads.  I picked out specific gemstones and crystals that would enhance her health and peace of mind, and I threw in a few for wealth and her love life too!  (Yes, these are yet other areas of interest for me -- gemstones, crystals, astrology...).  I found a great wire product by the SoftFlex Company because one of Jean's complaints about previous sets of juzu is that they're not sturdy enough for daily use and break often.  And, through the process of ordering and using SoftFlex's products, I ended up applying for and being selected as one of their Featured Designers:  http://www.softflexcompany.com/WSWrapper.jsp?mypage=spotlightdesigner_Jun06.html

As a result, I ended up with some new customers for juzu, one all the way from England!  And, recently, she "friended" me on Facebook!  So, that's what got me thinking and blogging about getting back into the juzu business.  I love making sets of meditation beads (and I've made rosary sets and other prayer beads as well) -- feeling and choosing the right beads for the recipient, arranging them, and assembling them is just such a soothing experience for me and knowing that the recipient hopefully is going to experience the same soothing and satisfying experience from using them just makes it such a worthwhile endeavor.

So, look for more details about the juzu sets and customization services that I will be offering again here and on the Many Creative Gifts Facebook page or feel free to contact me with any requests you may already have!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To many people, the first year of anniversary in a love message in a bottle is the most important gift for the love once.