Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Yikes, It's Sunday Afternoon!

So, you ever feel like you're running as fast and hard as you can, but you're not getting anywhere?!  Sigh, that's how my weekend has been so far.  I think I've gotten some cleaning and organizing done, but have I got that much to show for it?  Is mom's vest finished?  Is my paperwork done?  I'm sure you know where I'm going with this...

I keep telling myself "bite size pieces Phyllis", but I'm not always good at listening, even to myself ;-)  But, at least I've made it onto the internet to post and I'll see how productive I can be (while still running around and getting some laundry done).

I did want to tell you about an interesting site I came across http://www.craftgawker.com/  It's got really beautiful craft items, art, photography, just amazing things on it.  I don't think the pictures of my items are good enough yet for this site, but one can aspire :-)

Today's Thought:  Food Rule # 37 -- The Whiter the Bread, the Sooner You'll be Dead.  Well, that's a downer, but the point is that white flour really isn't any different for you than sugar.  It lacks in fiber, any of the Vitamin B complexes, and healthy fats.  Eating whole grains is definitely the way to go.  How have we been implementing this rule?  We dusted off the bread machine that I got years ago when it was the rage and have fired it up, using our own natural ingredients.  Alternatively, we haven't bought bread that comes in a plastic bag in a long time -- we go straight to the bakery section in the grocery and pick out a freshly baked whole grain loaf.

No comments: