Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Creativity

So, I was posting today's promo link on Etsy for the Etsy Hookers (I know, I know, referring to crocheters as "hookers" is a whole topic of its own!) and came across some really interesting articles geared towards those creative people who want to sell their creative works.  One article's title really caught my eye:  "Free is Not a Marketing Tool."  http://makeandmeaning.com/2010/02/04/free-is-not-a-marketing-tool/  It's a short, good read for anyone navigating the challenging waters of online presence and market establishment.  It highlights a message I've been trying to get out there regarding all facets of life:  don't ever do something you wouldn't otherwise do just because you're hoping to get something in return for it (unless that return you're expecting is making the other person happy for the sake of adding happiness and joy to the world).  Call it karma, call it whatever you want, but be pure and sincere in what you are doing, and believe me, your rewards will come!

Ok, enough philosophy for today :-)  I'm finishing up the pattern that will be included in this month's Yarn Club shipment!  Despite all the crazy weather, I'm thinking this month's shipment will still be relatively on time, and I will post all the details and pictures early next week.

Today's Thought:  Food Rule # 19 -- If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don't.  So, how to live by this rule?  For starters, try going for a week, or even just a few days, without eating anything from a package.  It'll be come easier when the Farmers' Markets start opening again :-)

No comments: