Search This Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Style for Doggies

So, I find myself crocheting a sweater for a dog! Usually I wouldn't advocate dressing up a dog in any type of outfit, just doesn't seem right. But, I have come to learn that some dogs, especially the smaller ones with close-cropped fur (picture a small greyhound), get really cold in the wintertime. In an effort to come up with something ladylike and dignified for Misti, I chose Lion Brand's Jiffy yarn. It's a nice bulky, soft yarn that's machine washable and dryable. Now, I know, I just advocated for making use of more natural fibers, but for warmth, practicality, and cost effectiveness, I just had to go with this great quality 100% acrylic yarn. I got Blush (color #137) for the main part and Oat (color # 098) for accents (I figured these colors would look nice on Misti's light grey coat). I hope to post pictures once the project is done!

Today's Thought: Agave syrup is a great substitute for refined white sugar. It comes in light and dark varieties, and I find that I'm using less and less but still feeling satisfied with the sweetness in my tea.

No comments: